≡ Menu

OFWs from Puerto Princesa doing fine in Hong Kong — PESO

PUERTO PRINCESA CITY, Aug. 29 – The Public Employment and Services Office (PESO) here is relieved that the more than 1,000 overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) it has so far sent to Hong Kong are doing well despite negative reactions of the Chinese nationals over the bloody hostage-taking incident in Manila on August 23.

PESO Chief Aileen Amurao said that per call made by her office to some of the OFWs from Puerto Princesa who are now working in Hong Kong, no one has experienced any negative reaction from any Chinese national.

Stressing they are closely monitoring the welfare of the Puerto Princesa OFWs in Hong Kong, Amurao said that luckily, no one has been dismissed from work by their Chinese employers.

“We told them to have long patience just in case they hear something from their employers because of what happened to Chinese tourists who were killed in the hostage-taking incident,” she said.

Amurao is confident that the negative reaction of the Chinese nationals in Hong Kong will soon be gone and OFWs there can return back to their normal work. (PNA)

scs/CARF/jsd

{ 0 comments… add one }

Leave a Comment